Responsible Disclosure Process
- Report your findings through our webform on the right.
- Please do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people’s data;
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved;
- Do not publicly disclose any vulnerability before 30 days after we confirm to you the vulnerability has been resolved by us and we have provided our written consent of publication.
- Do not include any sensitive data in the public disclosure of the vulnerability;
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties;
- Do not use automated scanners which can cause performance issues on our servers; and
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible.
What we will do
- We will make our best effort to respond to your responsible disclosure report within 5 business days with our initial evaluation of the report;
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report;
- We will handle your report with confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission;
- We will try to keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem;
- In the public information concerning the problem reported, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise); and
- As a token of our gratitude for your assistance, we offer a reward for every report of an important security problem that was not yet known to us. The amount of the reward will be determined by us, based on the severity of the leak and the quality of the report. Any rewards will be conditional on accepting our Responsible Disclosure Terms.
When submitting a responsible disclosure report to us, we will process the personal data that you submitted within your report and any additional personal data gathered during or after the resolution of the issue. Hedgehog Security Ltd is the controller of your personal data, and the personal data is processed within our Legitimate Interest of Network and Information Security. We use the data to contact and communicate with you during and after the resolution process, possibly pay a reward, and, if you agree to this, name you as the discoverer of the issue in the public information. We will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary regarding report sensitivity, the sensitivity of personal data, and as required by law (if we pay a reward to you, we have a legal obligation to keep some information). You have rights as a data subject. To exercise these rights or ask a question, please contact privacy[@]wearehedgehog.com.